Two weeks from today…all is said and done….On a good day, when I haven’t had the powers that be whirling their hurricane winds directly at my head and trying to deflect the flying trees and cows that are commercial real estate “emergencies”…I could tell you why I love Court without hesitation. On all the rest of the days, the question throws me for a loop and all I say is, “I don’t know why I love you, I just do.”
THAT is a ridiculous answer. I mean, who am I? Whitney Houston? Am I about to break into a karaoke rendition of “I Wanna Dance (With Somebody)?” Not without a good deal of alcohol and I don’t drink as a general rule. (Note to self: Call Toby about the music!)
So, how/why do I love thee? Let me count the ways…
- He loves me, undeniably, unabashedly and without reservation. This one plain, simple man thinks I’m the most fantastic thing that has walked the planet in the last 2000 years or so…and he’s starting to make me believe it.
- He loves God more than me. I will always be 2nd to the one that created me. This one thing stood out about his character the most when he used the phrase “ruined for God.” I suspect that this is one of those things that “Gary says,” but regardless, this showed me his heart. God is first, His call, His way, His agenda. Court submits to the will of God above all other things. I find that quite attractive.
- He makes me try. Not that he insists I try things, but that I’m willing to try, to push through, to persevere through the difficulties and obstacles. I don’t know that he’ll ever know how hard this first year has been for me. How many times I’ve just had to stand up straight and walk forward and hold my head up while I plowed through the “whatevers” that came at me.
- Did you know I was the most beautiful woman in the world? Neither did I, until I was reflected by him. I’m stronger than I knew, kinder than I imagined, wiser than I have any right to be. I’m also softer than I’ve ever been allowed to be. It’s also been revealed that I’m a team player after all and I do have potential to relinquish all control.
Oh crap! That was all about me…well…let’s change that a bit…
- He is always willing to serve anyone at anytime.
- He is thoughtful.
- He is kind.
- He is determined.
- He loves people.
- He is loyal.
- He always looks for a way to make things easier for another person.
- He anticipates the needs of others.
- He seeks wise counsel.
- He has limitless potential.
- He will be a loving and compassionate father (don’t read anything into this!)
- He’s adorable, and I really do love that goatee.
I could go on, but I won’t. That’s enough for the planet to know.
Court, thank you for not letting me stay scared last night. I love you more than I know.